The solution to this issue depends on whether you’re paying with a payment method (e.g. bank card, PayPal) or your Dott wallet.
If you’re using a payment method (like a bank card or Paypal), you may get a payment error because the start ride temp hold didn’t go through. This temporary hold (sometimes called a ‘pre-authorization hold’ or a ‘trip authorization request’) is placed on your payment method at the start of each ride to ensure that there is enough money in your account. We may do this even if you’re using a pass, in case your pass doesn’t cover the entire cost of your ride.
This temporary hold might have failed for one of the following reasons:
- There isn’t enough money on your payment method
- You went over your payment method’s daily or monthly transaction limit
- Your bank card is expired
- Your bank blocked the transaction for security reasons
- You bank requires you to complete an additional verification step with them (3D secure)
- Your bank needs to grant permission for your payment method to be used in our app
Contact your bank for help when you get this payment error. If the problem persists, you can contact us here, or go to “Help & legal” then “Contact us” in the app.
If you’re using your Dott wallet, you may get a payment error because your Dott wallet balance is below the minimum you need to ride: 2.50 EUR / 2 GBP / 3 PLN / 25 SEK / 8.50 ILS. You’ll need to add money to your wallet to keep riding.