First things first: you need to have an active internet connection to find a Dott, unlock it and end the ride after you’ve arrived.
- Starting your bike ride
Once you've found a bike,
- Scan the QR code on top of the bike and tap “Unlock” and “Start ride” to get going.
- Having trouble scanning the QR code? You can also enter it manually by tapping “abc”.
- If you need to, adjust the seat to fit your height. To raise or lower the seat, pull the side clamp open or press and hold the yellow lever under the seat, then push the seat down or pull the seat up to your desired height.
- Make sure that you’ve kicked up the kickstand so that it’s no longer touching the ground.
- On some bikes, you’ll also need to make sure you’ve manually unlocked the back wheel. First, pull the pin out of the side wheel lock, then insert the pin into the back of the fender.
- Do a safety check
Before every ride, check:
- Are the lights working?
- Do the brakes work? (Squeeze the brake levers to make sure)
- Are the tires full?
- Is the seat the right height for me? (Read how to change the seat height)
- Are there any wires hanging loose?
- Is there any visible damage to the vehicle?
- How much range does the bike have left?*
If anything seems to be damaged or malfunctioning, please report it to us and find another Dott to ride. You can report a damaged vehicle to us by selecting the vehicle on the map and tapping “Report issue”.
- Ready to ride
- To get the electric motor going, get on the bike and start pedaling to gain a little speed first.
- Squeeze both brake levers to brake – don't use your feet!
- Avoid hard braking and accelerating on smooth, slippery surfaces.
- Ending your ride
- Always end your ride in an area where you’re allowed to park. Not sure where you can park? See How to read the map.
- Once you’re in an authorized parking spot, tap “End ride”.
- Kick the kickstand back down so that your vehicle stands upright.
- On some bikes, you’ll also need to manually lock the back wheel. First, pull the pin out of the back of the fender, then insert the pin into the side wheel lock. If the pin won’t go into the lock, roll the bike forwards slightly and try again – you should hear the pin click into place.
- We recommend checking our Parking guidelines section for details on how & where to park.
When riding, always follow our Safe riding essentials. Failure to do so may result in a legal fine, so make sure to give them a quick read before you ride.
If you ever need a quick refresher on how to ride our bikes, tap “Help & contact” then “How to ride our bikes” in the app.
Enjoy your ride!
*We show range in km or mi, depending on your personal phone settings. A fully charged Dott bike can take you up to 60 km (37 mi) from your starting point, depending on traffic and weather conditions.