Things can get hectic on the road and things can go wrong. That’s why we offer complimentary insurance to our Dott riders. Please note that there are a few conditions that you must meet in order to qualify for coverage under our insurance policies.
- Be 18+ years old.
- Have provided your real identity (as listed on your passport or ID).*
- Abide by your country’s traffic laws – more about this under Rules & regulations.
- Have a valid identity card / passport.
Some examples of coverage
Depending on the country where you are riding, some examples of situations for which you may be covered include:
- Hurting yourself while riding.
- Accidentally hurting someone else or accidentally causing damage to someone else’s property while riding.
- Accidental death or permanent disability caused by an accident when using one of Dott’s vehicles.
Please note that coverage varies from country to country and from case to case. Be sure to read our full terms for all the details.
*As we care deeply about your safety, it’s not possible to (continue to) use the Dott app without providing your real identity, as we cannot insure you without having your legal name on file. We hope you understand.