Things can get hectic on the road. That’s why in some countries, we offer complimentary insurance to our Dott riders. Please note that there are a few conditions that you need to meet to qualify for coverage under our insurance policies.
To qualify, you must:
- Be 18+ years old.
- Sign up with your official name and identity (as listed on your passport or ID) for an account on Dott or any other app through which you’re riding Dott’s vehicles (e.g. FREE NOW).
- Abide by your country’s traffic laws and our user Terms & Conditions.
- Be signed into and using your Dott account, or the account of any other app through which you’re riding Dott’s vehicles, at the time of the accident.
Some examples of coverage
Depending on the country where you’re riding, some examples of situations for which you may be covered for include:
- Cases of serious physical injury.
- Accidental injury to someone else or causing damage to someone else’s property while riding.
- Accidental death or permanent disability caused by an accident when using one of Dott’s vehicles.
Please note that coverage and exclusions to cover vary from country to country and from case to case. Be sure to read our Insurance Summaries for all the details.
Am I still covered by Dott’s insurance if I was riding via FREE NOW?
Yes. As long as you meet the conditions above, you are still covered by Dott’s insurance when you ride a Dott using FREE NOW’s app.