Dott's Help Center

Find answers to your questions by browsing our FAQs

Do I need a driving license to ride a Dott?

In some countries, including the UK, you may need a valid driver’s license. If you’re in a country where a license is required, we’ll let you know and request a copy of your license before you start a ride.


Riding in the UK

You need a driving license to ride a Dott scooter, but you don’t need one to ride a Dott bike.

In the United Kingdom, Dott scooters are classified as motor vehicles, and this means you need a driving license to use our e-scooters. Read on to find out if your license is eligible.

When you get the Dott app, you'll be asked to upload proof of your full or provisional driving license to be able to complete your registration & ride. You'll need the "category Q" entitlement on your driving license, and categories AM, A1, A2, A & B include entitlement for category Q.

If you have one of these licenses, get the Dott app and ride on!

Got an overseas driving license? You can hop on a Dott if you have a valid license from an EU or European Economic Area (EEA) country – as long as this does not prohibit low-speed mopeds and/or motorcycles.

If you own a valid license from a country outside of the EU or EEA that does not prohibit small vehicles (such as cars, mopeds or motorcycles), and you entered the UK within the last 12 months, you are eligible to ride.

Was this article helpful?