In some cities, you’ll need a valid ID, passport, or driver’s license to ride a Dott. Per the city’s request, we check this for insurance purposes and to ensure you’re old enough to ride.*
If necessary, we’ll ask you to scan your ID with our trusted third-party vendor before you start a ride. The process only takes a minute or two, then you’re ready to go!
ID wasn’t accepted? Make sure that:
- You’re old enough to ride*
- Your ID is valid. If you’re in the UK, you must have a valid driver’s license from the UK, EU, or EEA
- On the first screen, you selected the correct issuing country of your ID
- You’re scanning the original document – screenshots, digital copies, and photocopies aren’t accepted
- You scanned the back of your ID, if required
- There’s no glare or bright light causing reflections
- All four edges of your ID are visible within the image
- All information on the ID is clear and legible – no details are blurred or covered
If you’re still having issues, you can contact us here, or go to “Help & legal” then “Contact us” in the app – we’re happy to help!
*In most countries, you must be 18+ years old to ride any of Dott’s vehicles. In the UK, you may be 16+ years old to ride our e-bikes, but you must be 18+ and have a valid driver’s license to ride our e-scooters.
Also check: Do I need a driving license to ride a Dott?