To keep you and your city safe, all Dott riders should abide by the following when riding:
- Be 18+ years old.*
- Stick to one person per vehicle.
- Stay focused – don’t wear headphones, look at your phone, or do anything else that could distract you from the traffic at hand.
- Follow local traffic rules, and stay aware of cars, bikes, and pedestrians.
- Never ride or park on sidewalks to keep them safe for pedestrians.
- Park according to the rules in your city. Check our Parking guidelines section for the full details.
- Don’t drink and ride.
- Wear reflective gear when riding at night and in low visibility (e.g. foggy weather).
- Remember to wear a helmet. Even though it isn’t required by law in some countries, it's a key safety measure everywhere. Please note that you’re not insured for head trauma if you're not wearing a helmet.
This list is a snippet of our full Terms & Conditions. Please make sure you read and comply with all our Terms & Conditions, and respect the local laws to ensure you’re following all the rules – this way, you avoid the risk of being charged both legal and administrative fines. If you want more info on riding safely, check our article on Safety tips.
Take care of yourself and others. Happy and safe riding!
*In the UK, you may be 16+ to ride an e-bike.