You can pause a ride for up to 60 min to take a break, grab a coffee, and do your thing. When you pause a ride, your Dott is locked so no one else can take it.
Always remember to use the “Pause” button – simply leaving your vehicle for more than 10 minutes will cause your ride to auto-end from inactivity. If this happens in an area where you’re not allowed to end your ride, a parking fine will apply.
Here are the basics for pausing a ride:
- When your ride is paused, we’ll continue charging the same rate per minute used in your city – more info about the pricing here
- To avoid a fine, don’t pause your vehicle in no-park zones, no-go zones, or outside the riding area
- You must pause in a “P” parking spot if they appear on the map – leaving your vehicle outside these spots for more than 10 minutes will result in a fine
- Please don’t block sidewalks or leave the vehicle in anyone’s way
And here’s how to resume and end your ride:
- Tap “Resume ride” to continue on with your ride
- Tap “End ride” after resuming if you’re ready to end your ride
- Just in case you’ve forgotten, we’ll automatically end your ride after 60 min of pausing
Remember – you’ll always want to return to your Dott to either keep riding or end your ride. If you don’t, we’ll automatically end your ride for you, but pausing does cost money, so keep this in mind for your pausing plans.
We’ll send you a couple of notifications while you’re paused so you know how much time you’ve got left.
Enjoy your break!