First things first: you need to have an active internet connection to find a Dott, unlock it and end the ride after you’ve arrived.
- Starting your scooter ride
Once you've found a scooter,
- Scan the QR code on top of the scooter and tap “Unlock” and “Start ride” to get going.
- Having trouble scanning the QR code? You can also enter it manually by tapping “abc”.
- Make sure that you’ve kicked up the kickstand so that it’s no longer touching the ground.
- Do a safety check
Before every ride, check:
- Are the lights working?
- Do the brakes work? (Squeeze the brake levers to make sure)
- Are the tires full?
- Are there any wires hanging loose?
- Is there any visible damage to the vehicle?
- How much range does the scooter have left?*
If anything seems to be damaged or malfunctioning, please report it to us and find another Dott to ride. You can report a damaged vehicle to us by selecting the vehicle on the map and tapping “Report issue”.
- Ready to ride
- To start, place one foot on the board, put both hands on the handlebars and push off hard with your other foot a few times (e-scooters can feel quite heavy the first time, so don’t be shy to give it a good push!).
- To accelerate, gently push the throttle with your right thumb.
- Go easy the first time – our scooters can go quite fast.
- Once you’re riding, keep both feet on the board.
- Squeeze both brake levers to brake – don't use your feet!
- Avoid hard braking and accelerating on smooth, slippery surfaces.
- Ending your ride
- Always end your ride in an authorized parking area. Not sure which map areas are parking areas? See Parking icons & what they mean
- Once you’re in an authorized parking spot, tap “End ride”.
- Kick the kickstand back down so that your vehicle stands upright.
- We recommend checking our Parking guidelines section for details on how & where to park, with city-specific rules.
When riding, always follow our Riding essentials. Failure to do so may result in a legal fine, so make sure to give them a quick read before you ride.
If you ever need a quick refresher on how to ride our scooters, tap “Help & contact” then “How to ride our scooters” in the app.
Enjoy your ride!
*We show range in km or mi, depending on your personal phone settings. A fully charged Dott scooter can take you up to 35 km (22 mi) from your starting point, depending on traffic and weather conditions.