First things first: you need to have an active internet connection to find a Dott, unlock it and end the ride after you’ve arrived.
Once you've found a Dott,
- Scan the QR code on top of the vehicle and tap Unlock and Start ride to get going.
- Having trouble scanning the QR code? You can also enter it manually by tapping “abc”.
2. Do a safety check
Before every ride, check:
- Are the lights working?
- Do the brakes work? (Squeeze the brake levers to make sure)
- Are the tires full?
- Are there any wires hanging loose?
- How much range does the scooter have left*?
*We show range in km or mi, depending on your personal phone settings. A fully charged Dott scooter can take you up to 35 km (22 mi) from your starting point, depending on traffic and weather conditions.
Starting your scooter ride
- To start, place one foot on the board, put both hands on the handlebars and push off hard with your other foot a few times (e-scooters can feel quite heavy the first time, so don’t be shy to give it a good push!)
- To accelerate, gently push the throttle with your right thumb
- Go easy the first time – our scooters can go quite fast
- Once you’re riding, keep both feet on the board
- Squeeze the brake levers to brake – don't use your feet!
- Avoid hard braking and accelerating on smooth, slippery surfaces
When riding, always follow our Riding essentials. Failure to do so may result in a legal fine, so make sure to give them a quick read before you ride.
Enjoy your ride!