Once you've found a Dott, scan the QR code on top of the scooter and tap 'unlock' to start your ride.
Please perform a quick safety-check before every ride:
- Are the lights working?
- Do the brakes work? Squeeze the brake lever on the left to make sure.
- Is the rest of the scooter undamaged? Check that the tires are full and no wires are hanging loose.
How to ride & stay safe
Please keep these rules of thumb in mind.
- Place one foot on the board, put your hands on the handlebars and push off with your foot a few times to start rolling. Note: our scooters are quite heavy, so be sure to give them a good push!
- When you're ready, put both feet on the board.
- To accelerate, push the throttle with your right thumb. Go slow the first time – our scooters can go quite fast, so please take your time getting used to riding on them.
- Ride calmly and smoothly. Avoid making sudden moves and always keep an eye on traffic. Keep enough space between you and the vehicle before you, and never ride on sidewalks.
- To brake, use one of the brake levers. Don't try to use your feet to brake – Dott scooters don't have a brake in the back!
- Avoid hard braking/ accelerating, especially when riding on smooth, slippery surfaces.
- Always follow the Rules & regulations when riding. Failure to do so may result in a legal fine, so
make sure to give them a quick read before riding.
- Enjoy your ride!
Also check: Rules & regulations