Please keep these rules of thumb in mind when riding a Dott.
Please perform a quick safety-check before every ride:
- Are the lights working?
- Do the brakes work? Squeeze the brake lever on the left to make sure.
- Is the rest of the scooter undamaged? Check that the tires are full and no wires are hanging loose.
Safe riding tips
- Keep a clear head. Don’t wear headphones when riding and don’t look at your phone
Never drink and drive.
- Ride calmly and smoothly. Avoid making sudden moves and always keep an eye on traffic and pedestrians.
- Keep enough distance between you and the vehicles around you, so you can brake on time. Watch out for large vehicles and their blind spots.
- Avoid hard braking/ accelerating, especially when riding on smooth, slippery surfaces.
- Never ride on sidewalks. Keep them safe for pedestrians.
- Wear reflective gear when riding at night and in low visibility (e.g. foggy weather).
- We strongly advise you to wear a helmet. In some countries, wearing a helmet is required by law, but it's a key safety measure anywhere. Please note that you are not insured for head trauma if you're not wearing a helmet.
- Stick to one rider per scooter.
- Always follow the Rules & regulations when riding. Failure to do so may result in a legal fine, so make sure to give them a quick read before riding.
- Enjoy your ride!
Also check: Riding in bad weather